Consulting and Facilitation
We offer a wide range of consulting services to schools and organizations that work with youth and teachers. Our initial consultation is free; we will meet with you to determine if we are the right fit for your needs.
We offer services including, but not limited to:
- partnering with schools, organizattions, and institutions to create authentic conversations and equitable spaces and systems to improve outcomes for students and the entire community
- developing advisory curriculum for grades 5-12 addressing bullying, equity, tolerance, character development, study skills, college readiness, and more
- developing workshops and professional development for teachers and youth on topics ranging from curriculum development to discipline to community activism and social justice
- designing short- and long-term experiential learning activities (To see one of our projects, visit our page about The Pass It On Project or www.passitonfilm.com)
- civil rights-focused curriculum and field experiences (including contacts cultivated during The Pass It On Project)
- adapting adult workshops or curriculum for use with youth (During the summer of 2011, we adapted a community activism workshop for youth in Robeson County, NC. We, along with community
- members, created a locally-focused curriculum and co-facilitated a week-long workshop with youth and community members.)
- facilitating small and large groups of youth (topics have included focus groups around school climate, health and wellness, academic skills, and more)
- facilitating discussion between youth and teachers / school administrators or youth and their community leaders or families
- working in conjunction with school administrations and teams of teachers to revise discipline systems in order to improve outcomes
Contact us with the specific needs of your school or organization. Our initial consultation is free; we will come meet with you to determine if we are the right fit for your needs. If not, we will do our best to direct you to someone who may be able to assist you.